Focusing on the concepts of recognition, assessment, and control of hazards, and evaluation of the hazard controls, participants learn how to apply these concepts to a minimum of six hazards relevant to their own workplaces. In addition, learners practise drafting action plans and recommendations for the employer.
By the end of the two-day course, participants will:
- Review material covered in Certification Part 1
- Understand the hazard-related concept of recognize, assess, control and evaluate (RACE)
- Understand key hazards specific to the sector
- Use various tools to help recognize, assess and control hazards, and evaluate hazard controls
- Understand the role of the Joint Health and Safety Committee in relation to the Internal Responsibility System.
Key hazards in many workplaces include:
- Repetitive and strenuous work
- Chemical and physical hazards
- Contact with machinery
- Contact with electricity
- Slips, trips and falls
- Mobile equipment
- Confined spaces
Do you require Joint Health and Safety Committee Certification Part 1? View here.
Call or email for more information or to register.
Phone: 1.866.244.3334 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org