ASERT Fire & Spills (Online)
The ASERT Program was developed by industry engineers to minimize the impact of a critical event and provide emergency response training to those first on the scene.
Course Learning Objectives:
- To provide training to respond to any emergency
- To ensure that when an emergency occurs, the responder (who acts as the on-scene commander) is prepared to protect life, property, and the environment.
- To minimize the impact of the environment of the emergency by taking appropriate action in the first critical moments of the event
- To reduce the number of incidents to zero
Optional Practical Component
A practical component can be scheduled after the online training course has been completed. The practical component would include the following:
- Fire simulator to practice fire extinguishing techniques
- Spill clean up techniques
Who Requires this Training
- Commercial Drivers
- Fuel Drivers
- Health and Safety Representatives
The legislation under which employers and its employees are required the ASERT training are: The Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. E.9.
The ASERT Fire & Spills course ensures that when an emergency occurs the responder, who acts as the on scene commander, is prepared to protect life, property and the environment, and minimizes the impact of the emergency by taking appropriate action in the first critical moments of the event.