Cannabis in the Workplace Course Information
Participants will be provided with an overview of the uses, legality, and health and safety concerns of cannabis in the workplace. The course will also cover key information about Ontario’s Cannabis Act.
45 to 60 minutes
- Decriminalized or Legalized
- Composition of Cannabis & Cannabis Products
- Impairment Effects on the Body
- Medical Cannabis
- Cannabis Act
- Employer and Employee Responsibilities
- Cannabis and Workplace Health and Safety
Employers are legally obligated to keep workers safe from workplace hazards, including hazards resulting from impairment. Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations (the Act) contains many regulations that prohibit impairment, including Regulation 855 s64, Regulation 629 under sections 12 and 13, and Regulation 854 s15. As well, all general duty clauses may be applied to impairment at work as a result of cannabis use.
Who Requires this Training
- All employees who have not had a Cannabis in the Workplace course
Successful participants of the Cannabis in the Workplace Course will have an understanding of the legality, health and safety concerns and cannabis and the workplace.