0-8 Ton Crane Training
Many worksites will require practical, site- specific training (in addition to theory training) before a worker is certified to operate machinery. Upon completion of our 0-8 Ton Crane program, all attendees will also be issued a NATT Safety Services Basic Rigging certificate valid for three years. This is a $300 savings!
40 hours (32 hours theory, 8 hours practical)
- Identify hazards specific to the equipment and job site
- Identify and discuss common crane components
- Perform thorough pre-operational inspections
- Discuss stability principle and load charts
- Execute a safe lift plan
- Identify safe hoisting and operating techniques
- Discuss relevant legislation
PPE Requirements: Steel toed boots, gloves and hard hat as a minimum. Additional PPE as per site requirements
Under Ontario’s Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), crane operations fall under the Construction Projects regulation (O. Reg. 213/91) for construction operations or section 3 of the Industrial Establishments regulation (O. Reg. 851) for industrial operations.
Specific crane operator qualifications are spelled out in section 150 of the Construction Projects regulation.
- O.Reg 213/91 Construction Projects. s. 96(1)
- O.Reg. 851 Industrial Establishments s. 51(2)
- Canada Occupational Health and Safety Regulations s. 14.23(1)
- CSA Z-150 Safety Code for Mobile Boom Cranes
Who Requires this Training
- Anyone who operates cranes or similar hoisting equipment with a capacity of up to 8 ton or less.
NATT Safety Services’ 0-8 Ton Crane Training program covers safety protocols for workers required to operate a 0-8 ton crane.