Delivery: 45-60 minutes
On October 17, 2018, the Cannabis Act (also known as Bill C-45) came into force. This federal legislation legalized recreational cannabis use nationwide in Canada in combination with its companion legislation Bill C-46, An Act to Amend the Criminal Code. Employers and employees must be informed of the issues posed by cannabis in the workplace.
It puts in place, in Canada, a new, strict framework for controlling cannabis:
Participants will be provided with an overview of the uses, legality, and health and safety concerns of cannabis in the workplace. The course will also cover key information about Ontario’s Cannabis Act.
– Decriminalized or Legalized
– Composition of Cannabis & Cannabis Products
– Impairment Effects on the Body
– Medical Cannabis
– 9 things to know about Ontario’s Cannabis Act
– Employer and Employee Responsibilities
– Cannabis and Workplace Health and Safety