Confined Space Rescue Technician Level 1 Training Course Information
The course material is based on current OSHA/ NFPA information and best practices.
- First Aid review
- Practical and Confined Space Entry and Awareness
- Review Equipment selection, function and use
- Legislation, Regulations and Standards
- Mobilization, transportation techniques
- Safety principles, roles and responsibilities
- Secondary back-up planning and execution
- Incident command
- IDLH, SCBA Donning/Doffing
- Equipment set up, anchorage planning, inspection and maintenance
- Post fall rescue, dealing with prolonged suspension
- Onsite emergency situations and events
- Mock rescue scenarios (approx. 20 throughout the course)
- Practical training
- Rescue simulations
- Final evaluations
Our Confined Space program includes Provincial and Federal legislation, all applicable Regulations (O.Reg. 632/05 Confined Space and Canada Occupational Health and Safety Regulations Part XI Confined Spaces). The course material is based on current OHSA information and best practices.
Who Requires this Training
- Any workers who will performing Confined Space Rescue duties.
PREREQUISITES **Must have Working at Heights, Standard First Aid Certifications & Confined Space Awareness and Entry.
Confined Space Rescue Technician training will provide all participants with the requirements to perform a variety of confined space rescues such as, vertical accent/descent, horizontal extractions, fire suppression (with theatrical smoke), IDLH scenarios, structural collapse search and recovery (with theatrical fog).