Delivery: Full course (theory and practical): 6-8 Hours
References: CSA Standards B354.1-04, B354.2 and B354.4.
Re-certification (theory and practical): 3-4 Hours
Any person operating an aerial lift or power elevated work platform is required to have safety training and certification. NATT Safety Services’ program covers safety protocols for workers required to operate aerial lifts. Many worksites will require practical, site- specific training (in addition to theory training) before a worker is certified to operate machinery. Course content is listed below. Participants must achieve a minimum 80% on written exam to pass.
Training Contents Include:
– OHSA – REGULATIONS
– TYPES OF ELEVATING WORK PLATFORMS
– FALL PROTECTION SYSTEMS AND SELECTION
– EQUIPMENT INSPECTION, CARE AND MAINTENANCE
– SAFE OPERATING PRACTICES
– OPERATOR RESPONSIBILITIES
– CENTRE OF GRAVITY AND TIPPING
– CONTROL MECHANISMS
– GROUND CONTROL, BARRICADING, AND ELECTRICAL AWARENESS WRITTEN EXAM
– PRACTICAL EVALUATION