Christmas Holiday Safety Tips
We want you to have a safe and happy holiday season. And with that comes some holiday safety tips.
Christmas Tree Safety Tips
– Use CSA-certified lights. Inspect lights for cracked bulbs and for frayed, broken or exposed wires before decorating the tree.
– Turn off the tree’s lights when you leave your home and before you go to bed at night.
– Choose decorations that are flame-retardant, non-combustible and non-conductive.
– Never use lighted candles on your Christmas tree.
Food Safety Tips
– Refrigerate leftovers within two hours of preparation.
– Make sure to cook meat according to instructions and ensure you thaw your turkey safely.
Driving Safety Tips
– Follow the rules of the road and avoid speeding, even if it means you are a little late for the party because you’re rushing to pick up the last minutes gifts.
– If you are travelling during the holidays, be well rested for a long drive and plan the trip so that you share driving responsibilities to avoid fatigue.
– Limit distractions and don’t use your mobile device while driving.
– Plan ahead to guarantee that you have a safe ride home from holiday parties so that you are not intoxicated behind the wheel. Designate a driver or use cab services to ensure road safety for everyone.
Have a safe and happy holiday season with your family and friends!